Thursday, November 4, 2010

What the Heck was I thinking??


You know that new segment on college gameday, "What the Heck was I thinking?" Well I think that segment is genius. For example, the first segment on the first show was Kirk Herbstreit saying "What the Heck was I thinking saying Notre Dame would win ten games last year??" Needless to say, I thought I would do a similar segment looking at how the year has shaped up so far and maybe this can be your chance to tell me What the Heck was I thinking?

What the heck was I thinking putting Florida and Texas in my preseason top ten??

What the heck was Cam Newton thinking throwing a laptop out the window and forcing him to leave Florida??

What the heck was I thinking when I was excited to hear that Marvin Austin and Robert Quinn had decided to come back for one more year??

What the heck is the BCS thinking giving the Big East an automatic bid??

What the heck was Jeremiah Masoli thinking when he got in trouble and was forced to leave Oregon??

What the heck is Nebraska and Colorado thinking by leaving the Big 12??

What the heck is going on with Auburn being the best in their state right now, Michigan State being the best in their state as well, three non automatic qualifiers are in the top five, a 6-1 LSU wants their coach fired, Texas is probably the fourth best team in their state, Steve Spurrier lost to Kentucky yet can possibly be in the SEC Championship game, and the BCS is still around??

It has been one crazy year. Great coaches are on the hot seat(Mack Brown and Mark Richt to name two), schools who were once second tier in their states are now national contenders, and Republicans have taken back Congress. What else will happen this year??

Picks of the week. I was 8-5 last week...I went for too many upsets. I hope to do better this week

GT vs VT-VT
NC State vs Clemson-NC State
Illinois vs Michigan-Illinois
Florida vs Vandy-GO GATORS
Baylor vs Oklahoma St-Oklahoma St
Idaho St vs UGA-GO DAWGS
Chattanooga vs Auburn-Auburn
Washington vs Oregon-Oregon
TCU vs UTAH-TCU
Hawaii vs Boise St-Boise St
Alabama vs LSU-Bama
UNC vs FSU-GO HEELS
Northwestern vs Penn State-Penn State
Oklahoma vs Texas A&M-Oklahoma
South Carolina vs Arkansas-Arkansas
Missouri vs Texas Tech-Missouri
Arizona vs Stanford-Stanford

1 comment:

Peter said...

Well said Catherine!

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!
Could my dad BE any happier!!!

My big sis is 30!

My big sis is 30!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Sailing anyone?

Sailing anyone?
A golf outing where we look soo cute! haha

Robert and Maeby

Robert and Maeby
Gangsta Mae(and robert we live on the east coast)

Typical Izzy

Typical Izzy
Worn out after helping the Mansfields move

Ginny, Brandt, and Me

Ginny, Brandt, and Me
we still look good in china! haha

A Tribute to Emily

A Tribute to Emily
She meant the world to ALL the whitehills

durham radius

durham radius
thanks michael and grace!

the whitehills

the whitehills
look at robert's new jacket, he is soo proud!