Thursday, September 1, 2011

GAMEDAY!!

It is finally here.  A day I have been looking forward to since Auburn held up the National Championship trophy in January.  It's a brand new year.  It's a brand new season for my favorite teams and I must ask myself some questions before it all begins.  Will part of my season be over on Saturday night when Georgia faces Boise State? I always walk into a new season with high hopes that Georgia or Florida will make it at least to the SEC championship, much less the national championship and if UGA loses to Boise, part of my excitement will flicker.  Even with a #19 ranking, can they show that a lower ranked SEC team can still beat a team like Boise State or will BSU finally make some noise to the BCS analysts?  If they lose to BSU and the following week lose to South Carolina, will Mark Richt get fired mid season?  If they win one of these games does this mean he has saved his job one more year?  Do UGA fans still want him as coach? I know I do, but I haven't heard many good rumblings down in Athens....Is the freshman phenom running back, Isaiah Crowell, going to pull in numbers like Lattimore of South Carolina?

Will Muschamp and the Gators surprise people? Will Brantley finally get his due?  How different will UF look with Weiss, Brantley, and a genius defensive minded head coach? Will Gator nation like the change?  How soon will Urban pull a Spurrier and find a new team to coach?

Can Everett Withers pull the Heels together? Since we still have Butch's recruits, can we still win?  How good/bad will the ACC be this year?  Will the UNC students still come to the games since the last few years we all bought into the Butch Davis regime?  Will I look at the first date of basketball season before the third week?

And lastly...why is it every year the college football analysts pick a Big 12/ Pac 12/ Big 10 team to win the national championship while the SEC keeps on winning?  Is it because they are just tired of the SEC winning all the time or do they truly believe it? Oh and can the conferences please stay the same...if college football is all about tradition, i.e BCS/Bowl games, then why do we take away the tradition of the conferences and put teams in new ones?  I guess there isn't such a purity with tradition in college football after all. Maybe we should try a small playoff at the end of the year since tradition has just been thrown out the window.

Now it's time for me to start a brand new season of my picks.  Once again my dad beat me in our college football picks so I will try and do better.  So now it's time to grab my nachos, grab a seat in the middle of my couch, turn on Beth Mowins doing the defending national champions first game(with a Briarwood alum at QB!) and enjoy my day of sitting in front of the tv all day and only  getting up to cheer!

Thurs game:
Wisconsin vs UNLV-Wisc
Fri game:
TCU vs Baylor-upset special...Baylor
Sat games:
Akron vs OSU-OSU...but barely...
Utah St vs Auburn-Aub
Kent St vs Bama-Bama
South Florida vs ND-ND
Minn vs USC-USC
James Madison vs UNC-UNC!
Florida Atlantic vs Florida-FLORIDA!
Richmond vs Duke-Richmond
Oregon vs LSU-LSU
Boise St vs Georgia-GEORGIA!
Mon game:
Maryland vs Miami-Maryland

disclosure-i know i havent included all games but these seemed the most interesting to me...

1 comment:

Jono said...

Nice picks as always. I'm also cheering for that upset on Friday. But I'm hoping Boise can finally prove themselves. Plus Georgia made us Hawaii fans cry a few years ago in the Sugar Bowl, haha

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!
Could my dad BE any happier!!!

My big sis is 30!

My big sis is 30!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Sailing anyone?

Sailing anyone?
A golf outing where we look soo cute! haha

Robert and Maeby

Robert and Maeby
Gangsta Mae(and robert we live on the east coast)

Typical Izzy

Typical Izzy
Worn out after helping the Mansfields move

Ginny, Brandt, and Me

Ginny, Brandt, and Me
we still look good in china! haha

A Tribute to Emily

A Tribute to Emily
She meant the world to ALL the whitehills

durham radius

durham radius
thanks michael and grace!

the whitehills

the whitehills
look at robert's new jacket, he is soo proud!