Tuesday, August 12, 2008

a lil update plus some brain teasers!

Well here's to the quarterfinals! Of course it's Canada! I hate that we have to play them in the quarters. Playing Brazil definitely would not have been our ideal team to play, but Canada is up there as one of the worst teams. We just seem to play each other all the time and we have fortunately come out victorious lately. The problem is, we play them too much. Knowing your opponent can definitely help, but knowing them too well can sometimes hurt. I just hope our team comes out and plays like we did today- beating New Zealand 4-0!
As for me, recovery is going really well. I am pretty sore right now considering I was released to jog a week ago, but I am pumped I can JOG! I never thought that jogging very slowly for five minutes then walking five minutes and doing that for forty minutes would be so exciting! I am just taking each step with excitement and willingness to take it slowly but to also push myself. Cody, my trainer, has been awesome and it has been fun doing agility and jogging. The funny part is when I watch all the Olympic games, I get pretty nervous when I see a knee go another way because I feel like all knees are unstable. Thank goodness God made them ready for just about anything!
So I figured that since most of the people who are actually reading my blog know how my life is, I would spice it up a little bit. Plus, I am hoping that people will actually respond to my blog. People tell me they read it, but how can I really believe that, huh? Haha!! So here goes: I will ask these questions, riddles, or whatever comes to mind and then in the next week I will tell yall the answer. Oh and don't be lame and go to google or wikipedia and find the answer!!
Question 1- In 1956, Tom Landry coached the defense and Vince Lombardi the offense for what NFL team?
A-Bears B-Colts C-Giants D-Eagles
Question 2- How many band members were there in Ben Folds Five?

HAVE FUN!

8 comments:

Rami Taibah said...

Well I read it for sure. That was my first ever post I read. Congrats on your win against New Zealand!

Tbh I have no idea what are the answers for these questions! But hey at least you shouldv'e asked them Football (soccer) questions! I am sure I would get those :)

Kadee11 said...

Well my instinctive guess for the first one was the Packers but that's obviously wrong so I'm just gonna take a stab at it and say the Giants [I know it's not the Bears and my dad said no to the Eagles and brother said no to the Colts] but I'm gonna google it as soon as I post this!

And for Ben Folds Five I'm gonna say five buuut I'm pretty sure that's wrong too!

Alondra said...

#1- Eagles
#2- 6, I don't know why but I feel like 5 is wrong just because it seems obvious.. haha
by the way, I have read all of your blog posts!!

you should ask some WNT soccer questions. I would probably get all of them right. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

well, I dont think it is a big secret that I read it!

Tell Bendie to keep up the good work.

Answers-
1. C- Giants
2. 3 members

bring it....

Unknown said...

Answers:

1. Alabama
2. Cheese

Emily(LOVES US SOCCER) said...

ive read all your blogs haha!!
v
and idk the answers haha. but if you ask some wnt questions i sure would!! anyways miss seeing you on the field!!!

Anonymous said...

we read your blog! love the ny pics.
and we have the answers:
#1 giants
#2 3

Anonymous said...

Well you and Brandt have me on the football tirvia, I am lost when it comes to stats or people. I wanted you to know that we do read the blog. I actually just wanted to say thank you for being a positive influence for young girls. You and Brandt have given Savvy so much hope in achieving her dreams. I just want to let you know how appreciative I am for taking the time to sign and mail the jersey. We were so excited to finally meet you when the US team came to town for the friendly with Brazil, but then found out you were out with an ACL tear. You have our thoughts and prayers for a great recovery. We can only hope that one day when the team is in San Diego, we will finally get to meet you.
Thank you!!!

Teanna (Brandt's biggest fan as a coach and role model for Savvy)

PS--and since Brandt has left us, we also want to say thank you for the pics so at least we get to see her that way. :)

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!
Could my dad BE any happier!!!

My big sis is 30!

My big sis is 30!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Sailing anyone?

Sailing anyone?
A golf outing where we look soo cute! haha

Robert and Maeby

Robert and Maeby
Gangsta Mae(and robert we live on the east coast)

Typical Izzy

Typical Izzy
Worn out after helping the Mansfields move

Ginny, Brandt, and Me

Ginny, Brandt, and Me
we still look good in china! haha

A Tribute to Emily

A Tribute to Emily
She meant the world to ALL the whitehills

durham radius

durham radius
thanks michael and grace!

the whitehills

the whitehills
look at robert's new jacket, he is soo proud!