Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why I should be on GAMEDAY!

As a lot of you know, I have a "slight" dream of one day being a sideline reporter for college football along with helping out the boys on the set of gameday. Now any person in their right mind who loves college football wants a shot at being on the show(as you can tell by all the signs), but here is my reason why I should be the ONE.
First of all, there isn't a woman on the show. They used to have one, but I am guessing that they just thought it was a waste of space. I'm not saying this is bad for any feminist reason, so please don't take it that way-ZACK! haha! All I am saying is that there should be someone going into the crowd and asking why do fans have specific signs and what was their motivation for coming up with their saying. For instance, why did someone write, "Barkley wears a snuggie?" First of all, snuggies are AWESOME. I should know since I cuddle up in one every night! Secondly, was this a USC fan saying that Barkley is cool for wearing a snuggie or was it a Ohio State fan saying it was a bad thing? One will never know because no one was there to ask. Or should we interview the Washington State flag bearers that are at every game. I mean, first of all, impressive, secondly even more impressive when your team is terrible. And then there is the inevitable distasteful signs talking about Charlie Weis's weight. Now I am not saying that a Biggest Loser for football coaches wouldn't be something that we would all love to watch, but the poor man doesn't need to see his weight flashing up on a screen every saturday. My segment wouldn't need to be a long segment, just fun and short-anything to get me on GAMEDAY! hahahaha! If anyone has even better ideas as to why I should be on gameday, please let me know! I need all the ideas I can get!
As for last weekend, what a great, stressful weekend. I think it was the first weekend where both Robert and I came out victorious for all of our teams. It all started at noon when UNC went up to Connecticut to try and make me have a heart attack until the last two drives. I can't believe that we won on a safety. I feel terrible for the offensive lineman who gave up the holding call for us to win the game. It's like a defender in soccer. No one really knows your name until you make a mistake. Then came the Michigan/Notre Dame game where I could relax but Robert cheers for Michigan since he was born in Ann Arbor and his dad went to grad school there. It was like one heart attack after another. Thank goodness Florida was sandwiched in there and gave us a close call for only one quarter. Then came Georgia and Florida State. The UGA offense didn't even really get on the field until the second quarter and the bottom line kept telling Robert and I that Jacksonville State was still beating FSU. Thank goodness for last drives offensively for FSU and defensively for UGA. At least we went to sleep happy!
So here are the picks for this week. A lot of good games coming up this week, especially for Lane Kiffin and his big mouth. The ACC did a great job last week making up for the first week by going 9-2, and one of those losses was two ACC teams playing against each other. Last week I was 9-2 with my picks, so not too shabby!

GT vs Miami- GT
Duke vs Kansas- Kansas
ECU vs UNC- Go HEELS
Boston College vs Clemson- Clemson
UT vs UF- Go GATORS
USC vs Washington- USC
Nebraska vs VT- Nebraska
Utah vs Oregon- Utah
Michigan State vs Notre Dame- ND
FSU vs BYU- FSU
Miss State vs Vandy- Vandy
Georgia vs Arkansas- Go DAWGS
West Virginia vs Auburn- Auburn
Texas Tech vs Texas- Texas

3 comments:

Naomi Skena said...

Why you should be on Gameday:
1. You're hot
2. You know as much as anyone else about the backstories and what is going on and can give the interesting tidbits
3. You know sports from the inside because you are a star athlete yourself!
4. You would be a great example of a woman doing that job NOT as a token woman but as someone who can legitimately contribute to the dialogue as much as any man, because you would rock at it.

So there. :)

zmansfield said...

Wow...I got the male chauvinist call out!

I ABSOLUTELY support the Cat Whitehill for College Gameday campaign and will help lead the charge.

Love the segment idea you came up with.

Isn't college football great?!

Katie M. said...

You would be fantastic on Gameday! Can we launch a campaign?

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!
Could my dad BE any happier!!!

My big sis is 30!

My big sis is 30!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Sailing anyone?

Sailing anyone?
A golf outing where we look soo cute! haha

Robert and Maeby

Robert and Maeby
Gangsta Mae(and robert we live on the east coast)

Typical Izzy

Typical Izzy
Worn out after helping the Mansfields move

Ginny, Brandt, and Me

Ginny, Brandt, and Me
we still look good in china! haha

A Tribute to Emily

A Tribute to Emily
She meant the world to ALL the whitehills

durham radius

durham radius
thanks michael and grace!

the whitehills

the whitehills
look at robert's new jacket, he is soo proud!