Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's Florida-Georgia weekend...You READY??



First of all I want to apologize for not writing anything last week. It was a little more difficult than I expected here in Germany. Well, to be honest, I just didn’t fork out and pay for the internet since it was 30$ a day, just on principle alone, plus I was able to get skype for free and email on the phone. Needless to say, at our new hotel in Augsburg, I have free internet. Plus it is the Florida/Georgia weekend and can I really miss this week? Absolutely not!

Secondly, this blog entry is a little different than my other blogs. I am guessing you have noticed that each week I have complained about something different. Whether it’s the BCS system, Lane Kiffin, or why I should be on college gameday, I have decided to have a little fun. Not unlike my other blog entries, I will be completely biased. What I have decided to do is to write my “Dream Game” scenario. My dream as a sports commentator would to be on the sideline of the Florida/Georgia game, so let’s just say I am watching Tracy Wolfson very closely to find out how I can take her job…haha! With my dream scenario, I am putting my favorite two teams on the field and matching up what I believe to be their best players. Before I keep going, those who don’t understand how I can cheer for both of these schools, get over it. I can truly do it and it can just be one of those phenomenas that you just don’t understand. Also, remember I am just 27 years old, so my knowledge of these two school’s history is limited. I am just going with my favorite players that I have personally watched. When I finally put this whole game together, I imagine how awesome it would be to have all of these people playing with or against each other. I mean, how cool!

I would love for you to add anything to my dream scenario or even put together a fun matchup of your own. I know my mom and dad can add a few changes of their own, but I would be open to any and all changes. Let me know what you think!

Game- Florida vs UGA
Stadium- Half swamp/Half between the hedges
Quarterback matchup- Tim Tebow vs Hines Ward
Running back matchup- Emmett Smith vs Herschel Walker
Wide receiver matchup- Percy Harvin vs AJ Green
Defensive line matchup- Brandon Spikes vs David Pollack
Cornerback matchup- Joe Haden vs Champ Bailey
Coach’s matchup- Urban Meyer vs Vince Dooley


Onto the picks- I am working on getting better, but I am just not picking the upsets. I won't go to my record from two weeks ago because that's just not fun. I am just going to try and keep looking forward!

UNC vs Va Tech-Go Heels(I'm dreaming, I know)
West Va vs South Fla- West Va
NC State vs FSU- FSU
Ole Miss vs Auburn- Ole Miss
Indiana vs Iowa- Iowa
UGA vs UF-I don't pick this game
Miami vs Wake- Miami
Miss St vs Kentucky- Kentucky
South Carolina vs Tenn- South Carolina
Texas vs Okla St- Texas
USC vs Oregon- Oregon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat-

It is about time you show my Hawkeyes some respect! I just hope you didn't jinx them. Good luck on the 29th - my birthday!

Boozer said...

Quack, quack, quack! The ducks over USC, bold.

How awesome would it be to see this matchup? I like the percy vs. aj in particular. Not sure who I would take, aj is the better pure receiver but percy is a freak. Great post as always

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interview w/ Abby and the picts from Germany-like those beer mugs. Love your idea abt dog day at the soccer plex. Your Freedom fans will watching the US vs Germany match and will be with you and the USA team in spirit. UNC is playing the Terps (Wm's soccer)the same night- any thoughts?

Brandt said...

I like it. I would pay big money to watch that game. I hope the gators come out on top-- so, we can re-match for the nat'l champ (I mean the sec champ) in ATL the first weekend in dec!! I second big bert's "quack, quack, quack..."

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!

Gameday hotel in Athens,GA!
Could my dad BE any happier!!!

My big sis is 30!

My big sis is 30!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Lookin snazzy ladies!

Sailing anyone?

Sailing anyone?
A golf outing where we look soo cute! haha

Robert and Maeby

Robert and Maeby
Gangsta Mae(and robert we live on the east coast)

Typical Izzy

Typical Izzy
Worn out after helping the Mansfields move

Ginny, Brandt, and Me

Ginny, Brandt, and Me
we still look good in china! haha

A Tribute to Emily

A Tribute to Emily
She meant the world to ALL the whitehills

durham radius

durham radius
thanks michael and grace!

the whitehills

the whitehills
look at robert's new jacket, he is soo proud!